01-31-2013 11:51 AM
I have a networked HP LaserJet 400 M401n and when not in use for x amount of time will refuse to wake up. The event log shows a code "49.0699". What does this mean? Does it have anything to do with the problem of not waking up?
02-01-2013 01:46 PM
If the unit is not coming out of the power reserve state, then one can try turning this feature off.
Under the setup menu of the printer, accessed by pressing the Wrench, select the System Setup Menu.
* Select Energy settings
* Set Sleep Delay OFF
* Set Auto Power Down delay to Never
* Make sure all Wake Events are selected
Let me know if this keeps the unit from having this issue.
I am not an HP employee.
01-02-2014 09:51 AM
You might also try disabling the "Smart Install" feature on the M401n printer.
There is a problem with this feature that has been known to cause problems with USB-connected printers going offline. Sometimes, a power cycle on the printer will get it to come back online, but this doesn't always work (and is inconvenient).
The "Smart Install" feature can be disabled from the printer's LCD panel. The path is "Settings > Service > HP Smart Install > On/Off". Toggle the feature to "Off".
Hope this helps.
01-15-2014 01:27 PM
I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial printer. You can do this at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/
I hope this helps.
I work on behalf of HP
Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation