07-11-2013 03:24 PM
An end user took it upon themselves to reset the password on our HP Laserjet 400 M475dn as they left our company. As a result, we at IT have no access to the printer, and both the physical touchscreen and the web interface prompt for a password to make any changes.
Attempted firmware upgrade, but settings are retained after updating the firmware.
Is there any way to do a hard factory reset on this thing? In the past holding "Go" and "Cancel" on power up would reset other models, but this one has no physical buttons, and the soft keys don't seem to initialize until halfway through boot.
All HP's faq offers is where in the menu system to turn off security. Which would be helpful if we knew the password to change any system settings!
Anyone have any luck finding a way wipe these guys when the password is unrecoverable?
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation