11-15-2012 02:41 PM - edited 11-15-2012 02:44 PM
Well, after having many knots banging my head against the corporate wall I need a driver that actually works for the LaserJet 4050 using Windows 7 Home Premium.
The printer is connected using a parallel/USB cable and have tried 3 different cables from two manufacturers. I've tried PCL5, PCL5e, PCL6 and the UPD. Windows DOES have all of the above listed in their drivers list while configuring a new printer but they either do not work or Windows tells me the driver is not installed.
We purchased the desktop computer from Best Buy (no help) and contacted Dell (no help). Called HP and their tech support team put me on hold to "ask another technician and had me on hold so long their phone booted me into a cue where the person answering the phone "could not hear me" -- yea, right.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation