Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thank you Drakster. The Windows 10 driver for P1006 from HP solves my problem.

I can print normally now without any delay between print jobs.

Maybe HP should let Microsoft know whatever driver they provide automatically at plug&play doesn't work.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Downloaded and installed Win 10 about week ago, Have not yet been able to get LaserJet P1006 to work right.  Have done all the stuff- uninstall, reinstall, update driver, remove and put back again. Have gone through various diagnostics from HP (local and online)  and from Microsoft. This printer worked really well on Win 7.  This is a Dell Opti that ran Win 7 really well and most things seem to work well in Win 10, but this one thing ... I already have the HP Download/Diagnostic Assistant thing installed, used it in this last roudn of tests. Have also changed out to a different USB cable.  The printer seems to receive some start of command from computer, and it makes a sound but then never starts the usual motion of printing. Like I said it was working perfectly before I put in Win 10.  Any suggestion most appreciated. 

HP Recommended

Same problem here.  Printer worked great on Windows 7.  Now it prints sporadically.  Reinstalled drivers, uninstalled/reinstalled printer.  Tried all of HP's software and troubleshooting and still nothing.  I blame Win10 since I've really seen no improvement over Win7.  In fact, it's slower and has more problems than Win7.  But I'd still like a solution if anyone has one.  This is beyond frustrating...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.