Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet P1102w
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hello, I have a printer HP LaserJet P1102w, i've been trying to update firmware to the last version but, it's not available in your website. I would like to Set up ePrint from my Mac computer. How can i update the firmware of my LaserJet? i already installed ePrint sowfware but I'm not able to configurate because my printer is not showing me the email address that i need to complete the set-up. Please, HELP.... 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @Genedj, I am the MrRobot. It looks like you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher, but he is out of the office at the moment so I'll take over from here.   

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

I have checked the printer records and I was unable to find the firmware for 10.12 sierra.

I would suggest you use a windows PC and update the printer firmware or if you have a MAC running on 10.11 you can download and install the printer firmware.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Genedj

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand you need assistance setting up the HP ePrint with your Laserjet printer,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you check if the ePrint is compatible with your phone and the printer?

Have you installed the HP ePrint app?

While you respond to that, here's a few things you should know:

If there aren't any latest firmware updates, it means there are no more updates tested to be released or required for your printer,

that said, please try the below steps to resolve your concern:

Step 1: Check the requirements

Before you install the HP ePrint app, make sure the printer and your mobile device meet the following requirements:

• An Android OS 4.0 (JellyBean) device or later, or an Apple iOS 7 or later iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. On your mobile device, open the Wi-Fi settings and make sure you are connected to the wireless network.

• An HP wireless printer. On the printer, make sure the wireless signal is turned on and the printer is connected to the same wireless network as your mobile device.

Step 2: Install the HP ePrint app

Install the HP ePrint app on your Android or Apple iOS device.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

You may also check this link for more help regarding the issue: Click here

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,  

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day! 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for answered me. About your questions... According with HP website, yes my printer support ePrint service and the problem is that Firmware is not updated to the current version that support ePrint service. I went through the printer configuration but, not printer email address was found therefore I'm not able to set up ePrint app ether my Mac or iphone. 

Yes, my phone support this app. ePrint is available in apple store and was installed successfully. I checked the last firmware update available for this printer in Mac but, i don't see any update in HP web. 

I really need to bring and updated firmware to this printer in order to enjoy this services. 

Do you know how to download and install the new firmware? 

Thank you. 

HP Recommended

@Genedj

Thank you for replying with this overwhelming and detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I did some research on your predicament and it seems that all we need to do here is enable the web services using the EWS Page, simply put the printer IP address into the web browser on the same network, look for web services and enable it,

Once done, the information on how to setup ePrint on your printer can be printed out using the same EWS test print page.

Keep me posted, 

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers! 

Good Luck. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for take your time trying to help me. Maybe i did not explained clear myself. 

1- Yes, i'm able to get into the Web page for the printer configuration. 

2- I'm not able to find that service (web services) in my printer set-up obtions. 

According with the information that is available on HP webSite, the firmware for the printer must be updated in order that you can enable that opcion. In my case, there is not any firmware update for my printer, i beleve the reazon is because is a Mac and not a Window PC. 

i really don't know how to update the firmware from Mac to enable the service. 

Thank you for your time.

Gene. 

HP Recommended

Hi! @Genedj, I am the MrRobot. It looks like you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher, but he is out of the office at the moment so I'll take over from here.   

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

I have checked the printer records and I was unable to find the firmware for 10.12 sierra.

I would suggest you use a windows PC and update the printer firmware or if you have a MAC running on 10.11 you can download and install the printer firmware.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.