Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Gemini02,

Thanks for helping out.

I'm going to respond in the order you outlined.

I have the ability to do MAC filtering but it's not set to anything now.

I disconnected the printer and restored it to factory settings, then printed a configuration page (via the Go button - lately it only works when it's not connected via Ethernet to the router). It said Not Connected, No Link, No IP Address (0.0.0.0), IP Configured by Manual. 

You then said connect the Ethernet directly to the computer... Are you saying connect the printer to the computer via Ethernet Cable? 

If so - the configuration page says Connected, No Link, IP Address: 169.254.241.24, IP Configured by AutoIP. 

I ran the install software and to my suprise it did detect it! It completed the installation process.

I was then able to go in to the web admin console. I changed the IP to 192.168.0.111 (and unchecked Auto IP) and plugged it into the router instead of my computer, now I can't access the web admin. Can you correct me on this step? How do I assign it an IP and get it working on the network?

The router assigned it IP 192.168.0.12 (even though I took off AutoIP and assigned it a number)... and regardless, I can't connect to that address, it says Page not Available. So close...

I'm using Windows 7 64bit Home Premium.

Thanks so much,

GR

HP Recommended

That is good news to hear that the printer did get a valid IP address by connecting the printer to the computer,  gr---8.

I believe your post indicates that you have the Mac Filtering disable. But just in case it isn't,  you would have to get the Mac  Address from the printer's configuration page and add that information through the router software. Then the router should provide a IP address to the printer.

The manual IP address you are using might not be in range. Through the router software it should provide which IP addresses are already assigned to other devices.

I would assign the manual IP address then to 192.168.0.12. It must be in range.

What is the computer's IP address?

Go to start, type run in the search box, type in cmd, then type ipconfig.
Check the IPV4 address.
Now check the IPV4 address for the printer.

Do the first 3 sets of numbers match?

They have to match to be on the same network.

You might want to contact the router company to find this out.

Usually you just connect the printer to the router by the Ethernet cable, the router sends a IP address to the printer.

Print the configuration page. Make sure you can access the printer's Embedded Web Server.

Run the installation and your done.

Hope this helps. Let me know the results.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello Gemini02,

I appreciate the help. I've discovered the main fault here but am not sure why it would cause a problem, it just does.

The new Cisco DPC3825 acting as a modem/router/wifi device just doesn't communicate well with this printer for some reason. I turned off Router mode, put it into Bridge mode, using my old Dlink router as the DHCP server, and the Cisco just as the WAN... and it got a new IP. I was then able to enter the webadmin and change it to a static IP, also went flawlessly, and then I repaired the installation, changed the IP and now it works. 

I hope this will be helpful for others if they have issues with the Cisco DPC3825 and this printer. 

Thanks to all for your help.

GR

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.