09-09-2013 02:53 PM
I am trying to print "Statement" size paper, which is 5.5" wide and 8.5" long.
When I print, instead of the printing being centered (as in print preview), it is
pushed off the left side of the paper.
An error is printed on the following page.
"PCL XL error
09-10-2013 05:19 AM - edited 09-10-2013 05:21 AM
- The printer driver (a PCL6 (PCL XL) one) is (via Preferences) allowing you to choose a Paper Size of Statement;
- It includes this selection within the generated print stream (either as a text value, or an enumerated value - can't tell which without analysing a sample captured print stream);
- But the printer (firmware) itself perhaps does not support that paper size;
- The printer substitutes (what it thinks is ) the closest (or perhaps the default) paper size.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation