Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Dear Hp,

I'm a system administrator for a school, and using alot of HP LaserJet P2055dn's, Theres one that often keeps erroring.

code 13.0000 and 10.4000 ( from the webinterface log )

Theres no paperjam when i come to check te printer.

Mostly i need to log on to the server, remove the documents from the print queue, restart the print spooler service, and the thing mostly starts again.

But its almost a daily job now, i want to know i how can solve this more permanently.

Tell me if u need more info, then i will suplly it if i can.

Hope to get some awnsers.

Greetings from the netherlands!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi 88030501q,

The 10.4 is a memory error associated with the Print Cartridge.   This could be solved by removing and then reinstalling the print cartridge.  It may also require a new print cartridge.  If the new print cartridge continues to have the same error, the printer will likely need service.

For the 13.00.00, since you mentioned that there is no jam to clear, that would be what we call a "no media mis-pick".  What happens is the printer attempts to pick the paper but the paper doesn't get picked and so there is a jam.  This can be caused by damaged paper, a warn pick roller or other mechanical issue.

Recommended steps to resolve the 13.00 would be:

1. Try a different set of paper.
  2. Check the tray to make sure it is pushing the media up when the tray is installed.
  3. Make sure there is enough media in the tray.  Mis-picks on a full tray can happen, but may be more likely when the tray is almost empty.
  4. Try a lighter weight paper.  Paper that is too heavy may not be able to pick properly.
  5. Make sure the Pick Roller and the Separation Pad are clean and not damaged.
  6. Replace the Pick-Roller and/or the Separation Pad.  (This may require a service call if they are not customer replaceable.)

Kazman
I am an HP Employee

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
HP Recommended

Pls how can i reset or clear memory error 10,1000.

thank you

HP Recommended

Hi Consolex,

10.1 is another memory error relating to the black print cartridge.  This is a link to a web page that provides information on the HP LaserJet P2050 Series Printer Error codes and how to interpret them:

Link to Error Codes

This page at the above link lists the following recommended actions:

• Reinstall the print cartridge
    I will add that you should remove the print cartridge and check it over to ensure it has no damage.  Also look inside the printer and validate there doesn't appear to be any damage.  One of the things you are looking for is to ensure that the memory on the supply is present and not damaged.   Usually it is a small board with 2 metal contacts somewhere on the side that is installed first in the engine.
  • Turn the product off and then on.
    This will help ensure that the controller within the printer is at a known state.
  • If the problem is not solved, replace the cartridge
    If the new cartridge also has the same issue, then I would recommend you contact HP Support to determine if the printer may need to be repaired.   Another option instead of replacing cartridge is if you have two P2055 printers and one doesn't have the memory error, swap the cartridges between them.  If the error follows with the cartridge, then replacing the cartridge should solve the problem.  If the error stays with the original printer, then the printer needs to be service.
    Information on how to contact HP is located here.

Best Regards,
Kazman

Kazman
I am an HP Employee

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
HP Recommended

I had a similar error with a CM2320fxi. It rebooted permanently and in the eventlog was an error code 13000.

After many tests I found that the error was caused by a malformed word document.

HP Recommended

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial printer. You can do this at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/

I hope this helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.