Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
CM1415fnw
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hello,

My printer (see above) is experiencing a continuous bug. After each page, an error message comes up. I have to pull out the paper tray and remove a piece of paper which is only half drawn in. After that, I have to click away the error message and click ok. Than a sort of reset begins and the process starts again. So it takes about 3 minutes for one sheet to be printed. 

Frans

26 REPLIES 26
HP Recommended

Hi @Frans_Gunnink,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide:

First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More 

I understand that you when you try to print  after each page an error message comes up and you must  pull out the paper tray and remove the  piece of paper which is only half drawn in. After that, you  have to click  the error message and OK. Then it  resets  and the process starts over. Therefore,  it takes about 3 minutes for one sheet to be printed. 

Is the printer connected directly to an outlet or are you using a power/surge bar?  Was this a first time- installation issue or was it previously working OK?   Can you make a copy Ok?

Here is a link that I think may help.

A 'Paper Jam' Message Displays for HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fn and CM1415fnw Color Multifunction Printe....

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the “Thumbs Up” below is a great way to say thanks!   :generic:

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

No, this is not solved. I did read the online problem solving which was available, but that is not my problem. It is a mechanical thing, that the new page is not rightly directed from the papertray to the machine and gets stuck when it is about 1 inch in. So when pulling out the paper tray, the piece of paper stays behind in the machine halfway up and you can easily pull it back. 

Any solution?

Frans

HP Recommended

Hi @Frans_Gunnink,,

Thank you for the update.

I will assume you are connected directly into an outlet as you did not state otherwise. Therefore, I suggest  contacting HP Support for further assistance.

Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Sparkles1, thank you. However, I contacted support online and unfortunately after going through the whole routine, I was told by a screen that my product is no longer supported and serviced. This seems a little strange of a product less than 4 years old. Could you please help?

HP Recommended

Hi @Frans_Gunnink,

Thank you for the update. I will do my best to help.

What is the exact error you see when you try to print?

If you print from a different program do you get the same error?  

If you make a black copy do you have the same issue with the paper feed? 

Are you connected directly to an outlet?

Have you changed the type of paper you are using?

Are you storing your paper in a cool dry environment?

Try a hard reset to see if that will help.

• Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the wall outlet for 60 seconds
  • Press and hold the power button on the printer for 15 seconds to drain any residual power in the printer
  • Reconnect the power cable directly to an electrical outlet and not in a power / surge bar.

You could also try restoring the defaults on the laserjet.

• On the product control panel, touch the Setup button.
  • Scroll to and touch the Service menu
  • Scroll to and touch the Restore Defaults button and then touch the OK button. The product automatically restarts.

If the issue remains please check your private messages for how to reset the printer.

Please let me know the outcome.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hi Sparkles1. 

I have the exact same problem as Frans.

My printer is connect directly to outlet, I have tryed hard reset and restoring to default.

There is difference if I print from word, web or any other app.

Initially the problem occured when the papertray was approx. half full, now it is all the time ...

I can print one (1) page then the printer makes a paperjam when it takes in the next page and I have to go through the same routine as Frans (pretty anoying).

The issue remains after doing all suggested fixes.

As to questions,

What is the exact error you see when you try to print? - Paperjam tray 1

If you print from a different program do you get the same error?  - yes

If you make a black copy do you have the same issue with the paper feed? - no, I copied a 5 page document with no paperjam, but I got a "wrong print format" after each page instead 

Are you connected directly to an outlet? - yes

Have you changed the type of paper you are using? - more than once

Are you storing your paper in a cool dry environment? - yes and it happens even with new paper

HP Recommended

Did anyone figure out the solution?  I'm having EXACTLY the same problem. 

HP Recommended

Hi JewelLeeRae, What happens if you cancel the print by touching the red cross on the touch screen?

OH BTW, no this problem has not been resolved, in fact there has been no responce to my post at all (in five months ...)

HP Recommended

Hello, Frans Gunnink here. I have given up and thrown out this printer. It was completely disfunctional like this and no real solution at hand. It is in the garbage now and I have bought a new, simpler one, without feeder etc...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.