Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP-LaserJet-Pro-CP1025-Color-P
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Printer stopped printer - just says "error" when you try to print.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Sylviegirl,

Thanks for getting back to me. I was hoping there was a little something to go on, but there are somethings we can do to try to fix this.

I would start by downloading and running the HP Print and Scan Doctor, this tool can diagnose and fix many printing and printer software issues.

Please let me know how that goes.

If this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Sylviegirl,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your printing issue.

I understand that you have been using an HP LaserJet Pro CP1025 Color Printer with a Windows 8.1 computer but now it just says "error" when you print. I would like to help.

Are there any words, or number codes, that appear in the error that you are seeing?

I will watch for your reply so I can assist you further. Please reply at your convenience.

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I wish there was a clue.  Msg. just says "Error printing to HP 1025 color printer" approx.

The requests are piling up in the queue but nothing shakes it loose.

HP Recommended

Hi @Sylviegirl,

Thanks for getting back to me. I was hoping there was a little something to go on, but there are somethings we can do to try to fix this.

I would start by downloading and running the HP Print and Scan Doctor, this tool can diagnose and fix many printing and printer software issues.

Please let me know how that goes.

If this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

The solution didn't help but I eventually discovered the electrical connection had been jarred (even though it didn't show it as a glance).  Thanks for your follow-up.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.