Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro M201n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear support,

Applying new Network security parameters (802.1xx security) via WEB=access, I somehow blocked the printer and cannot access it any more. I even cannot ping it!

I started to search for COLD RESET, but didnt find any info except reset from priter screen menu.

But the printer menu is locked (secured) and I can only see "menu access is disabled" when trying to enter System Setup.

Could you please help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @dmitche,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! I understand that you need to reset the printer. I would be happy to help you. 

I can provide the reset for you in the PM to try.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope 
to view it.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help, please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up". Let me know how you make out. Cheers!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @dmitche,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! I understand that you need to reset the printer. I would be happy to help you. 

I can provide the reset for you in the PM to try.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope 
to view it.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help, please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up". Let me know how you make out. Cheers!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Dear Gemini02,

I successfully proceeded the reset, thank you for solution!

HP Recommended

Thanks for letting me know that worked @dmitche.

{Happy Dance :)}

Have a wonderful day!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
Hello there,
I'm having the same problem - could you possibly message me the solution? I've not had much luck with responses on the forum so far 😑
Thank you
HP Recommended

This will Reset the printer back factory settings. 

1. Turn the printer off.

2. Press and hold CANCEL and the right arrow buttons at the same time while powering on printer.
3. Continue to hold down buttons until the control panel display reads PERMANENT STORAGE INIT.
4. Release the buttons. Printer will return to Ready automatically.

HP Recommended
dmitche, thank you.
The advice you gave me was correct.
I am able to access menus that were previously disabled.

I hope I can connect it to my laptop - I'm not having much luck yet.
THANK YOU AGAIN!
HP Recommended

I have same issue can you send me solution please

HP Recommended
This will Reset the printer back factory settings.

1. Turn the printer off.
2. Press and hold CANCEL and the right arrow buttons at the same time while powering on printer.
3. Continue to hold down buttons until the control panel display reads PERMANENT STORAGE INIT.
4. Release the buttons. Printer will return to Ready automatically.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.