Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro MFP M127fw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Printer used to work well but now does not print. Tried stopping and starting spooler but no change. After uninstalling and reinstalling printer it prints test page and shows that I installed correctly my HP Laserjet Pro MFP M127-128 PCLmS on H87SSD, and shows driver and port settings. But whatever I try to print it doesn't print (web page, PDF, Word doc., etc). When I click "print" in the small window to see what's printing appears the name of the document I want to print only for a split of a second and disappears. And then no documents in queue.

Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Welcome @NonoZo,

Thanks for participating in the forums! I see you are experiencing issues printing. The document shows up in the print queue and then disappears. Thanks for providing the details of what you have tried so far. I would be happy to help you. 

Download and run the Print and Scan Doctor. It will diagnose the issue and might automatically resolve it. Let me know the results.

Change the security settings for 'All' and 'Creator-owner' to permit 'Print' and ' Administer Documents'.

• Go to Devices and Printers, right-click on Printer Properties.
  • Select the Sharing tab.
  • There are 2 check boxes there, both ticked by default. The second one is 'Render print jobs on client computers'. Clear this check box.

Let me know how the printer is connected? (Networked, USB, Shared)

Feel free to click on the "Accept as Solution" and the "Thumbs Up" if this helped. Please let me know the results. Best Regards,

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

Printer connected with USB.

Downloaded and ran the Print and Scan Doctor. Didn't work.     

'Render print jobs on client computers'. Cleared this check box. Didn't work.

Once it didn't print some concert tickets. Next day as soon I turned on my computer it started printing the tickets (which I didn't need anymore). Wierd. Now I need to print something, restarted the computer, still no print.

HP Recommended

Thanks for providing that information @NonoZo.

When you ran the Print and Scan Doctor, did you get all green check marks and were you able to print the test page?

Since restarting the computer allowed the print jobs to print, most likely it is a communication issue or the print spooler causing this issue.

Clear the Spool folder and restart the Print Spooler, to see if that will help: How to Clear Current Print Queue In Windows Vista & Windows 7.

Restart the printer and make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet. (don't use a power hub or a surge protector) This ensures the printer is receiving full powered and may help this situation. The USB cable shouldn't be longer than 6 feet. Make sure the USB cable is connected directly to the computer. (not a docking station or hub) Try another USB port on the computer. You might have to try another USB cable.

Keep me posted. Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Tried to print from Libre Office and Adobe Acrobat reader. Printer can print from these programs. The only problem is with MS Office. Tried MS Word 2010 and MS Excel.

When printing from Excel I get a warningmessage.

Your file could not be printed due to an error on HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M127-M128 PLCmS on. There are several possible reasons:

1. There may not be enough memory available. Try closing files and programs you aren't using.

2. If you use a network for printing, there may be a problem with the network connection or the printer driver.

3. There may be loose cables or a bad connection between your computer and printer.

For more information about troubleshooting printing problems, click Help.

This error can be caused by:
General problems: The printer may be unavailable, the network may be down, the communication port to the printer may be corrupt or unavailable, a hardware error at the computer may have occurred (out of paper, paper jam, out of ink, out of toner, etc), and a language setting may need to be reset from the Regional Options control panel.
Local problems: There are several reasons for a local printer (a printer that is attached directly to your computer) to fail:
Check to make sure the printer has paper, ink, and/or toner and check the cables.
If the printer appears to be functional and a printer test by the printer itself indicates the printer is working properly, then check the cables, printer port from the computer, and configuration of the printer at the computer.
Occasionally, an application can develop a conflict with the printer driver and cause a memory leak which corrupts the printer port. If all else fails, restart the computer, recycle the power to the printer, and try printing again.
Occasionally it is even necessary to delete the printer driver and reinstall the latest version of the printer driver.
Network problems: There are various reasons for a network printer to be inaccessible: the name may have changed, it may be out of paper, out of ink, out of toner, down for maintenance, the network could be down, or a printer job previous to yours has stalled due to incorrect settings on the user's computer who last submitted a print job, or even your printer driver cannot communicate correctly with the printer. Network related printer failures are usually best handled by your local technical support.
Memory problems:On occasion, large print jobs with complex graphics or consisting of several hundred pages, which can consume large quantities of memory on the printer, may cause a problem (especially if there was an over run of memory at the printer). You may want to try reducing the amount of complex graphics in your print job, or break the print job up into smaller segments and see if that corrects your problem. It is not uncommon for a very complex graphic to have a defect or error which prevents it from printing on any printer. It may be necessary to load new or revised graphic converters or drivers in order to alleviate a problem of this type.
For more information about fixing problems related to printing, see Microsoft Windows Help and Support. (Click the Start button, and then click Help and Support.)

I don't think any of above problems exist because it prints from the other programs.

Regards,

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.