Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M177fw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Just purchased this printer and there is no scan to pc feature on it. The software would not even install from disc or from teh full feature download from website. Error message saying fatal error at 99% configuration and then  the program askes to close and restart computer. I eventually just installed the different software from the website individually. It is not much use having a printer that cannot scan to pc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @keicou,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I do not know if you have tried this or not yet, but I would uninstall the printer's software and driver that has been installed and then try the installation again.

Here is a support document that can help with the uninstall - Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows).

Here is a link to the printer's software and driver download page - HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177 Series Full Software and Drivers. The webpage should automatically detect which version of Windows your PC is running.

Please let me know how it goes.

If this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @keicou,

Thanks for reaching out to the hP Support Forums for a solution to your scan issue.

I understand that that you have an HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177fw and there is no scan to computer option. I will help the best I can.

I referred to the HP COLOR LASERJET PRO MFP  User Guide and discovered that scans need to be initiated by using the printer's software that you have installed on the printer. 

You did not specify whether you are using a Windows or Apple computer so I will supply the support document for each.

Windows - Scanning from the Computer with HP Scan (Windows).

Apple - Scanning Documents and Photos (OS X).

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response. I am using Windows. That is ok if it can be done from computer side the only issue there is that the software would not install. I do not have the HP Scan software on pc I assume it did not install due to the error that I have in the first post

HP Recommended

Hi @keicou,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I do not know if you have tried this or not yet, but I would uninstall the printer's software and driver that has been installed and then try the installation again.

Here is a support document that can help with the uninstall - Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows).

Here is a link to the printer's software and driver download page - HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177 Series Full Software and Drivers. The webpage should automatically detect which version of Windows your PC is running.

Please let me know how it goes.

If this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.