Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This printer has worked fine but now the pics are blurry...the text is razor sharp.

What gives??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi pierogi, 

Unfortunatly since you are using a remanufactured cartridge in the printer this could be what is keeping the printer from doing the calibration successfully. At this point I would suggest that you have all OEM HP cartridges installed in the printer before you attempt to recalibrate the printer. Let me know what you find out?

Why choose Original HP?

Why buy Original HP print cartridges? Other than the most obvious reason (because counterfeit cartridges are illegal), the list of benefits makes loyality seem obvious.

Outstanding Value

They deliver exceptional value and reliable performance, along with lower total cost of printing. Counterfeits drain productivity and increase printing costs with reprints and poor-quality results.

Exceptional Quality

HP print cartridges enable fast, efficient printing and impressive results. HP printing is backed by 20 years of research and development. Counterfeit cartridges provide no assurances of quality.

Proven Reliability

Original HP print cartridges deliver guaranteed performance—no toner/ink leakage and messy prints. HP provides a warranty that ensures trouble-free printing.

Award-winning HP Support and Warranty

All Original HP print cartridges are backed by our award-winning support, service, and quality. Use only Original HP print cartridges to receive full HP printer warranty benefits.

http://www.hp.com/sbso/product/supplies/whybuy_fraud.html?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hello!

There are two models of the printer that you mentioned so I'm not sure exactly which one you have. You may want to try one of these two links depending on your exact model to see if it can resolve your issue.

HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fn Color Multifunction Printer

HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw Color Multifunction Printer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply but I've been to those pages... no help!

I have  the wireless version of the printer the 1415FNW

The text is fine ONLY PICTURES are blurry

HP Recommended

It's odd that the software idenfies text and prints it fine, but when it identifies a picture it becomes blurry.

Have you ensured you have the latest software / firmware installed for your printer

Software & Driver Downloads - HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw Color Multifunction Printer

Also is there any other information you can provide? Are you using the same program to print the pictures and photos through (e.g. word). Is the issue isolated to one specific program? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
HP Recommended

I'm downloading the latest driver but this printer work great until a week ago.

Now all pics are blurry but text is fine... it's happening acrossed different programs.

HP Recommended

Hi rocketx2,

Install this printer on another computer, and let me know if the issue follows the printer?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
I seems to.
Can I scan one of these images and send it to you?

The colors seem to be misaligned
HP Recommended
I've discovered color text is also blurry
HP Recommended

Hi rocketx2,

Is it a paticular color that is blurry?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I can tell... it there a test I can run to determine that?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.