Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet 2200D
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I know that this is an old HP 2200d laserjet printer, but I would like to continue using it if it can be fixed. The printer worked up until 6 months ago, but then stopped printing both test page or document from computer. When I send a request to print, the motors start, but I never hear the take-up feeder , and then the three LEDs illuminate. When I press both buttons on the top and let go, the same thing happens, i.e. motors start, but then no take-up feeder sound, and then the LEDs illuminate.

Can anyone make an educated stab at the solution? Do I need to replace a module? Do the parts still exist?

Thanks for your help.

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

When you press both buttons down and hold down does the light pattern stay the same with all 3 lights on solid or does it change and if it changes please post what lights are on and if they are blinking or solid. If the 3 lights stay on solid it probably will not be worth repairing since it could be one of three items (formatter, dc controller, powersupply) that has gone bad and repair cost is just not worth it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

When you press both buttons down and hold down does the light pattern stay the same with all 3 lights on solid or does it change and if it changes please post what lights are on and if they are blinking or solid. If the 3 lights stay on solid it probably will not be worth repairing since it could be one of three items (formatter, dc controller, powersupply) that has gone bad and repair cost is just not worth it.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

Just a word of clarification.  When I press both buttons down, and hold them down, nothing happens.  If I hold the buttons down simultaneously, and hold for a few seconds, then let go, the middle LED flashes, the printer makes a few clicking sounds , and then all 3 LEDs light up and remain lit.  That's all this printer does at this time.

Thanks for your response.

John

HP Recommended

Attached are the pages from the  manual which explain a fatal error and show the secondary code which you have. Also if the printer has a network card, remove it and power on and see if it comes to ready and if it does try to print a config page by pressing both buttons at the same time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.