Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 5 (9,114 Views)

HP Laserjet 3015; Win 7; no duplex printing

I just upgraded to a new computer with Windows 7 using my old Laserjet 3015 (3-in-1) printer. Old setup with XP I could print duplex (printing on both sides). Now I cannot with Win 7.. I checked both printer-properties and printer-preferences for duplex printing.,Doesn't do duplex. I downloaded a new (?) driver for PCL5, no change. Called HP Help, after 1/2 hour and checking  the same, did not help.

Can anyone suggest what should I do?

Thanks in advance

Peter

Provost
Message 2 of 5 (9,093 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet 3015; Win 7; no duplex printing

Hi Peter,

Please check the Device Settings configuration:

Enter Control Panel > Devices and Printers

Right click the PCL 5 printer icon, then click Printer Properties.

Click the Device Settings tab.

Locate the Two-Sided Printing Accessory option - is it set as installed?

If not, change the value to Installed.

Can you see the Two-Sided printing option under the Printing Shortcuts / Finishing tab?

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution Smiley Happy
Top Student
Message 3 of 5 (9,090 Views)

They were all set aleady  the way you suggested., but it just doesn't want to print on both sides. (It did when I used XP).

Student
Message 4 of 5 (8,377 Views)

The above worked fine for me, I would expect the Drivers should detect that the printer has duplex capability like it did in XP.
Honor Student
Message 5 of 5 (7,429 Views)

Win7 32bit, Duplex Unit (for 2-sided pinting): installed

hp LaserJet 3015 PCL 5 Printing Defaults Finishing Tab, Document Options check box Print on Both Sides.

No effect, with check box selected, still prints all pages single sided.  Thoughts

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation