Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet 4050
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have an HP4050 laserjet & yesterday the printer was removed from my computer (my error).  After a while I was finally able to get it installed again,  (unplugging and turning everything off and pluggin it back in).  It is connected by  USB.   I have Windows 7(64).   I am not a techy person,  I know basics please keep this in mind.

Now that is is installed back on the same computer it will not print more than 1 page at a time.  It will print 1 page and then prints an error page that says "Printer Collation Status Page" error: Unable to collate job at printer.  While on the printer it flashes "Unable to Mopy Job".  I didn't have this problem before but now that I had to reinstall the printer this is what I get.

I installed the PCL 6 Universal Driver and it still gives me the same messages.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Toni

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you so much.  That seems to have worked.  Now my co worker can fix hers too, as she has had the same problem for some time now but has just printed one copy at a time.  She will be happy.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Good afternoon Tjnort00

First thing you could try doing is disabling Mopier Mode. This will be done in the print driver properties. 

Here are the steps:

Start  menu > control panel > printers (or devices & printers) > Find the 4050 print driver > Right click on printer properties > Device settings >  Find Mopier Mode > Set to "disable" > apply & OK.

Might not hurt to make sure the queue is cleared out ( In "see what's printing") and try rebooting the machine.

Hopefully this'll take care of your issue!

HP Recommended

Thank you so much.  That seems to have worked.  Now my co worker can fix hers too, as she has had the same problem for some time now but has just printed one copy at a time.  She will be happy.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, it will print one copy and then the second copy is a Printer Collation Status Page, and the error is "Unable to collate job at printer". I have a LaserJet 4050 and am running Windows 10.

When I follow your instructions and get to the device settings, the Mopier Mode is greyed out, so I cannot disable it. Now what can I do?  I often need to print 2 copies and it's driving me crazy.

Thanks

HP Recommended

The internal fan is running on and off constantly...that annoy me at the point of increase my blood pressure, please help!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip...solved..

HP Recommended

This may be because you are on a network that requires administrative rights to make changes to the settings.  If you have IT they may be the best ones to contact in this case.  They should just have to do these same steps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.