06-10-2009 09:25 AM
Hi, Can some please help.
I have just bought a second hand hp laserjet 4200n .
ive managed to download the printer drivers and all seens ok apart from; when i request a printout the printer message says
LOAD TRAY 1 PLAIN PAPER
TO USE ANOTHER TRAY PRESS [the tick button]
after pressing the tick button the message is
USE ANY A4 FROM TRAY 2 INSTEAD?
i then press the tick button and the print is printed.
It seens the printer automatically goes to print from tray 1. I would like the printer to go to tray 2 as soon as the print request has been sent to the printer.
i would imagine the answer lies in the print setup somewhere but i dont know where.
10-22-2010 01:57 AM
u can call "Cold setup!"
turn the printer off, then turn it on while pressing the Go button.
The printer should print from Tray 2 in default.
If this does not work, that means u probably have a hardware problem, then check this solution:
It worked for me. The solution is for Laserjet 4000, but u can simulate it for ur printer.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation