Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hi Guys,

I install the drivers and working fine.. but when im printing a test page

it prints black color on the whole page/background but the content is readable with color black fonts.

Please help me to troubleshoot my problem.

Please see sample print below

Thanks,

Sample Test Print

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi WNSitmanila,

This is an issue with the imaging drum in the toner cartridge not being cleaned off properly. You will need to install a new toner cartridge into the printer to resolve this issue.

Is the cartridges you are using a new OEM or Remanufactured one?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi WNSitmanila,

This is an issue with the imaging drum in the toner cartridge not being cleaned off properly. You will need to install a new toner cartridge into the printer to resolve this issue.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I got the same problem with M4555 laser jet printer, its printing with black background, even if I do print config page direct from the printer. I upgraded firmware, changed the cartridges, I also cleaned the connectors, but still the same. Any advice would be very helpful. Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi zfk110,

You indicate that you changed the cartridge(s) if i am correct there is only one Toner cartridge installed in this printer which should be the 90A CE390A.

1.png

Problem - Image is too dark.

Cause - Poor contact exists in the primary charging bias or developing bias contacts between the print cartridge and the product.

Solution - Clean each print cartridge contact. If the problem remains after cleaning, check the contacts for damage. Replace any deformed or damaged parts. Replace the print cartridge.

Clean the paper path

1. From the Home screen, touch the Device Maintenance button.
2. Open the following menus:
● Calibrate/Cleaning
● Cleaning Page
3. Touch the Print button to print the page.
4. The cleaning process can take several minutes. When it is finished, discard the printed page.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I have a HP Laser Jet 4P purchased new.  I am using Windows 7 32 bit.

My last cartrige was HP original cartrige 92274A that I purchased a few years ago.  About a week ago the print jobs were all black pages.  I shook the cartridge a few times and reinstalled it.  It printed a couple of jobs correctly.  Then back to printing all black pages.  HP discontinued the manufacturing the 74A cartridge.  I purchased a remanufactured cartridge from Innovera.  I installed the Innovera cartridge.  The pages printed in black.  I removed the cartridge and shook it a few times.  I tried and the print jobs all came out all in black.

Any suggestions.

HP Recommended

I got the same issue with HP Laserjet P4015X  i changed  High-Voltage  power-supply assembly, now printer is working fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.