Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am trying to install the drivers for my HP Laserjet Pro MFP M127/M127 Series printer.  The installation times out at 99% and gives me a fatal error.  I have an HP Pavillion 20-b314 Allin one 64 bit computer.  I am running Windows 10.  Help!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Welcome to HP Forums @Michele_62,

I see you are unable to install the printer software on your All-in-one computer. I will be glad to help.

Recommend you to open control panel by right clicking on the windows (Start) button. 

Uninstall the printer from programs and features.

Restart the PC.

Once the PC reaches the desktop. Press Win + R to get the Run dialog box.

Type %temp% in the run dialog box, delete all the files from the temporary files folder that pops up. (You might not be able to delete all the files, ignore the ones that you can't delete)

Restart the PC again, visit www.hp.com/drivers enter the product number of the printer and download the full feature driver again.

Install the driver, keep the printer off during the installation. Turn it ON only when the installation prompts you for the printer. 

If it fails, reply with the screenshot when the installation fails.

Also try to install the basic driver for the printer, after clearing the temporary files, if the full feature driver fails to complete the installation. 

If the computer and the printer are connected to the same wireless network, you could also install HP Support Assistant. 

It would search for all available devices on the network and allow you to install appropriate drivers. 

Also, download the HP print and scan doctor from the same HP drivers page of the printer and check if it can fix the issue for you. 

Let me know if this helped, please revert with the screenshot of the installation failure for further assistance. 

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, I followed yur instructions and still got the same error message.  (See below.)  Your first instruction said to go to Programs and Features on Control Panel and uninstall the printer.  The printer wasn't listed in the list of programs.

Printer Installation Error.png

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and providing the screenshot, 

I believe that your computer did not come with Windows 10, you upgraded to Windows 10.

Recommend you to create a new user account on the computer with administrative rights and then try to install the printer software.

Alternately, you open file explorer and under 'This PC' you will have the hard drive listed, right-click on the C: drive and select properties. 

On the properties box, select the security tab and make you are the administrator else provide full control. 

Also, provide full control to the printer folder, available under  Win>system32>Spool>Printers  

Then restart the PC again and try to reinstall the printer software. 

Let me know if this helps, for further assistance please reply.

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I tried e verything you said but still have the same issue.  I got this computer from someone else so I don't know if it had a different version of Widows. I tried using the version for Windows 7 but that didn't help.  Do you know if could buy the CD with the drivers?  Maybe that would work.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, 

Request you to open device manager on your computer and check for devices installed and unknown devices. 

The latest driver for your printer can be downloaded from www.hp.com/drivers if you insist for the disc, you can order from the same website as well or by calling our phone support on www.hp.com/contacthp

Were you able to create a new user account with admin rights?

Awaiting your response. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, I was able to set up a user account as administrator.  It still didn't work.  Thank you for trying to help me.

HP Recommended

@Michele_62

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate you for doing troubleshooting steps which were recommended.

You are simply awesome. Kudos to you.

Please contact HP phone support for the further service options.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, I'm so sorry, I just saw your messge today.  i gave up on the problem and haven't checked in to the forum until today.  I'll give a call to the phone number you provided.  Thanks! 

HP Recommended

Hi, could you give me the phone number for HP phone support?  I couldn't find it on the website.  thank you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.