01-10-2014 06:57 PM
lasarjet 401 series
12-29-2013 09:10 AM
At my office we have installed 8 HP Laserjet printer of 401 series but suddenly the the printer stop working ( all the printers) without any reason. when we analyse we understand that we are in workgroup environment where the usb drives are blocked for data cards. The HP printers are connected to USB only since the printer suddenly read the USB as data drive, the printer stop working.
We operate on window 7 professional 32 bit
can any one suggest solutions
01-15-2014 12:45 AM
Hi, Are your printer "HP LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M401", it seems your issue is with HP Smart Install.
if your printer was recognized as data drive, you may need to disable the HP smart install, which can be done via below:
On Control Panel,
Setup Menu --> Service --> HP Smart Install --> select "Off" as to turn "smart install" off. then your PC should recognize the printer in normal.
Turning it all doesn't impact your normal usage of printer, please try it and let me know if it doesn't work.
I am an HP employee.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation