09-09-2009 12:37 PM
09-09-2009 12:42 PM - edited 09-09-2009 12:59 PM
The M2727 is very similar to the other AiO products that have been covered on the forum.
Print only functionality for the M2727 is included with Snow Leopard. Odds are you are running into an issue due to using the upgrade path for the OS. I have done some testing on the M2727 and found that it will work and you can even get the full solution working by installing the older 10.5 solution.
1. Eliminate all the currently installed HP software by using the uninstaller located in Applications/HP LaserJet Software/HP Uninstaller
2. Unplug the USB cable from the M2727
3. Open the Print and Fax System Preference and <control> click or right click on the list of printers on the left. Select "Reset printing system...". Then click OK on the warning.
4. Reboot the Mac OS
5. Download the latest driver for the M2727 from HP.com. It is the one labeled exclusively for Mac OS 10.5. You can find it here:
6. Run the All-in-One installer. Click through any warning messages that appear. When the installer prompts for the USB cable to be connected do so. If the Mac OS asks you to locate drivers for the M2727 click yes... this will download the HP Printer Driver Update 2.0 from Apple. This is essential for reliable printing.
If software update does not prompt to locate the driver manually download and install it from here:
Once the update install is complete click restart on the All-in-One installer window. The Mac OS will restart.
7. Walk through the HP Setup Assistant.
8. The install is complete and the All-in-One should be fully functional for Scan and Print.
While the 10.5 solution is not fully supported in Mac OS 10.6 it does seem functional as per other users and some limited testing I have done.
09-09-2009 12:44 PM
Scanning is done through Image Capture, Preview or System Prefs/Print & Fax with Snow Leopard. HP Scan is no longer the path.
Read this for more info.
I am employed by HP
12-04-2009 04:12 PM
that list does not seem to include the M2727, is it really supported under 10.6 as I plan to replace a Dell printer with something for the iMac we replaced are windows computer with? Scanning is very important, as we use it all the time for contracts.
04-01-2011 12:10 AM
I was having the same problems on my HP 3055 all in one. Was told it would not work with OS 10.6 cos it is too old!
So went and bought a new M2727nf, which I understand is a current model, and I find it too will not scan or fax with my iMac using 10.6.6. This is a disgrace.
I've been a loyal HP customer for 20 years, but after the torture of months of trying to debug these "features" I'll never waste another cent on HP products.
04-01-2011 11:11 AM
Did you load the correct HP software for your new printer? Was the software labeled as being compatible with 10.6?
Let's reset the printing system:
- Sys Prefs, Print & Fax
- Right (control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add it. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.
I am employed by HP
04-06-2011 07:18 PM
"Did you load the correct HP software for your new printer?"
Where can I download the scan and fax software for the M2727 so I can scan and fax with it?
From the HP website:
"The latest HP printer driver for devices listed below are built into Mac OS X 10.6. You do not need to download or reinstall any HP software for full printing functionality."
That's true. Printing is not a problem. Printing to the M2727 is a breeze, but it is impossible to use Preview or Image Capture to operate the scanner, as neither application will even recognise the scanner even after ensuring the M2727 IP address is in the correct range.
04-06-2011 11:05 PM
Sorry, but according to this site, only printing is supported with 10.6.
I am employed by HP
04-06-2011 11:51 PM
I have tried the solution offered early in this thread. It does not work. The 10.5 drivers can not be found either at the link offered or anywhere else.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation