01-02-2012 11:41 AM
To whom it may concern :-)-
My grandmother has had this Officejet 4500 printer for a little over a year. Recently it quit being visible from her PC (she's running windows XP). It became time to update her computer so we got her a "new to her" PC also running windows XP. We updated drivers for the OfficeJet, and we ran into the same problems.
I then brought the OfficeJet home to my house and try to install on my Mac. It gives me a software not available error. It is visible from my Mac but not accessible (just wants to update drivers).
I am not the most computer literate person, but I have tried new power cable and USB patch cord. If anybody can help me I would appreciate it :-)
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation