Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hi,

I upgraded my computer to Windows 8.1 and the solution center give a nots that i'm not complited the installatio.

It's happen only with wire connection. With USB connection it's OKay.

On Windows 8 the printer operated well.

Thank,

Yaki

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

I'd suggest you to first uninstall the printer software, and then download the software available for win 8.1

Click here..  to download the software for win 8.1 

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the white star under my name.

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
I work for HP

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

Hello,

I'd suggest you to first uninstall the printer software, and then download the software available for win 8.1

Click here..  to download the software for win 8.1 

Regards,
Jabzi

I work for HP

Regards,
Jabzi

HP Recommended

Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Glad to know that you are back to Printing.

Regards,
Jabzi

I work for HP

Regards,
Jabzi

HP Recommended

Dear Jabzi,

I encounter the same problem as Yaki.

I try to load the Win 8.1 driver with your link.  However, I find that is not a update driver, which was release in 2012.

Do you have any other suggestion?

Fox

HP Recommended

Hi

Let the installer uninstall the old software. Then reboot your machine.

Install the new software.

It works. First time on windows 7 and 8 at the first try.

On my machine it actually installed 2 printers, or maybe one was not uninstalled completely.

Anyay, I deleted Officejet 6500 E709a (not good) and kept Officejet 6500 E709a Series.

Good luck

HP Recommended

Here is my dilemma.  I've had an officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One for (at least) 3 years.  Previously, I had a Windows XP machine and the printer plugged into a Print Server.  It worked fine.  Earlier this year, I purchased a new Windows 8.0 computer and managed to get the printer functioning via the same Print Server.  Last week, I made the mistake of upgrading to Windows 8.1, 64 bit.  I've had no printing functionality since that fatefull day.  I've even changed the printer to an Ethernet Connection, instead of the Print Server.  The other computers can print to it fine, but my Windows 8.1 machine will not.

I have tried all the solutions posted on the HP website.  I've downloaded the repair tool and ran it.  When prompted, I downloaded the latest 8.1 full program for the E709n.  I've manually deleted all the HP drivers, etc. via the Control Panel, powered my machine down, restarted, and tried to install the software.  During the process, it generates one error indicating HPNCHK.EXE has stopped working.  Another window pops up that says trhe print Spooler has stopped and must be restarted.  I select Fix Now and it appears to continue on with the install.  It gets to the point where the network printer is recognized and spends (almost) 20 minutes configuring the printer.  When it shows 100% complete, it also indicates it failed.  At that point, the printer appears in the Control Panel, but there is no device driver installed for it.

I can't continue on with this situation.  Can anybody offer any additional suggestions on how to resolve this, please?

HP Recommended

Hello JXCBeancounter,

I understand that you are having an issue with the HP Solution Center since upgrading your device. I have included the following document 'After You Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8, HP Solution Center No Longer Works Correctly'. Please follow through the steps in order.

Another step that you can follow is to complete an msconfig, disable firewalls, anti-virus/spyware, before running the installation. I have included the steps for this process.
'Using Microsoft System Configuration (Windows 😎'
'Turn Windows Firewall on or off'

Please let me know if you are able to Solution Center, thank you

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I am having the same exact issue after upgrading to win 8.1 (my mistake.) Everything worked fine with Solution Cnter - I use the scanning to pdf all the time. I have followed all the steps - downloading the utilities to uninstall everything - OJ_AIO_6500_E709_EntScruber_140_300, re-installing the OJ_AIO_6500_E709_Full_Win_WW_140_408, rebooting, and getting the same message - you have not completed the device installation. I ran hppiw utility to check the driver and it said ir was fine (I have always been able to print, it is not having the Solution Center for scanning with the HP6500 e709n (wireless) that is killing me.

HELP !!

HP Recommended

Please see my posting from 10-26-2013.

The HP utility is no good on Windows 8.1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.