02-28-2012 05:18 AM
I recently bought the HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911g.
It prints the fax confirmation without the fax image.
I went trough the setup as follows:
To enable fax confirmation
1. Touch right arrow , and then select Setup.
2. Touch Fax Setup, and then select Fax Reports.
3. Touch Fax Confirmation.
4. Touch to select one of the following options.
5. On (Send and Receive) - Prints a fax confirmation report for every fax you send and receive.
Prints a fax confirmation report for every fax you send and receive.
To include an image of the fax on the report
1. Touch Setup.
2. Touch Fax Reports, and then select Fax Confirmation.
3. Touch On (Send and Receive).
4. Touch Fax Confirmation with image.
This did not help, the confirmation is still without image.
Then I went through the setup via the web browser // advances fax setup // and clicked the appropriate boxes.
Also this did not help.
Please can someone help me out as I am out of ideas now.
02-28-2012 06:25 AM - edited 02-28-2012 07:19 AM
Please follow the steps below to print a fax information with image... I would not recommenf you to set such a fax confirmation for incoming faxes as described by the previous settings.
Step one: Set the Fax Confirmation.
- Click the right arrow, then click the Setup icon.
- Enter the Fax Setup.
- Enter the Fax Reports.
- Select On (Fax Send).
- Select Fax confirmation with image
Step two: Set the Fax method.
- From the printer home screen, click the Fax icon.
- On the bottom, click the Other Methods bottom.
- Click the Scan and Fax option.
- On the bottom, click Set Default to keep the settings for future use.
Please note that an image will print for outgoing faxes sent from the top feeder only, and not while faxing from the scanner glass.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution
01-29-2013 03:33 PM
I am having a similar problem. I just purchased the 8600 Pro and sent a fax using the software. I added a coversheet and then used the add scan icon to scan the docs I was faxing. Submitted it and it went through but there wasn't a copy in my Fax folder on my PC. There's just an entry on the fax log but you cannot open and view the fax docs sent when clicking on it. So where does it store the fax that I just sent? or does it?
01-30-2013 12:59 PM
01-30-2013 03:35 PM
Thanks so much for replying! I wish that the software at least gave the option to keep the copy instead of deleting it. Then I wouldn't have to scan it again to have an electronic copy. I used to have software from a previous computer that kept all incoming and outgoing fax copies but that was more than 10 years ago. Kinda feels like we're going backwards here!
01-30-2013 03:49 PM
A workaround for this would be to scan the documents in as PDF files and send fax them using the printer fax driver. Let me know if you need more information on how to do this.
02-13-2013 04:23 AM
i brought new Hp Officejet 8600 A911g Brand new , i configured fax in computer and connected to printer
but none of the fa x coming to my pc , all print is coming to and printing , and also sometime the faxi will come to my pc and automatically the same fa printing to the same printer
fax line is going to computer modem line , and the other mode part s conne cted to printer line port ( i think the connecttion is ok ) , our aim is all fax sould come to our computer , if the computer is off the fax will go to printer
can you pls assist me..
02-13-2013 12:34 PM
Is the printer on a network, or is it connected to the printer via USB?
Does the phone cord that comes from the wall plug into the printer, or computer first?
Did you run the Fax to PC setup, or did you just run the Fax Setup Wizard?
02-13-2013 10:24 PM
Yes Connected in Network
also the line first connected to computer , then other port of modem connected to printer
i configured fax ,
or please give me solution for below
i have windows xp proffesional computer , i configured fax , by deafult i want to get all fax in computer ( no need to print , if i need i will print manualy) , if my computer is off then i want to get fax in Hp 8600 machine
02-14-2013 01:56 PM
I'm betting that you still need to setup the Fax to PC option in the printer. It's separate from the other fax features of the printer, so you have to do some extra stuff to set it up. I'll link a document below that will walk you through the process. Let me know what happens.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation