Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Whooda,

HP designed a quick and easy tool that diagnoses and resolves many printing, scanning, and connectivity problems: The HP Print and Scan Doctor. HP recommends that you download and install the Print and Scan Doctor any time you need to troubleshoot a problem with your HP printer from the link below.

Let me know what errors you receive?

http://www.hp.com/go/tools

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

I am unable to find any Windows Image Acquisition service in services.msc. RPC and Shellpoint are there but no WIA in my services. How do i reinstall it?

HP Recommended

Hi haseebzkhan, 

If you do not have the WIA service in services.msc then you will need to contact Microsoft as this is an application installed with the operating system on your computer. 

Untitled.jpg

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

HP spent hours working on the 8600 and after many tries it worked.Yesterday the scan would not work so I downloaded the tool from HP it did nothing. I turned off on the printer 4 times I turned the computer off on 4 times. I went into the direct wireless setup and turned it on then it aske for security I turned that on then it asked for password and when I hit that button it showed a pass code like2665670 I didn't know what to do so I backed out and pulled the plug on the wireless and waited two minutes and pluged it back in after it reset itself I now have scan function how long I don't Know last time after HP it lasted 8 months

HP Recommended

I've resolved the intermittent connection problem between a wired ethernet connected HP-8600 Plus, and my HP desktop computer, with the help of HP's support center.  Their help screen on this subject goes through many possible fixes, but it is the last one that has done the trick.  Basically,  I had to reset the desktop computer "Power Options" under the Control Panel, so that the computer NEVER sleeps, or hibernates.  I'm certain that this was the culpret because the connection to the HP-8600 seemed to get interupted at seemingly sporadic times, and the changes I made to the computer's "Power Options" settings have fixed the problem.  Give it a try, and if this changes back to being a problem on my end, I'll let you know.

HP Recommended

TTT

HP Recommended

no fix;  just frustrations

HP Recommended

I tried the services.msc route and then services etc but my printer still will not scan. It was scanning until I added it to the network as wireless. It was wireless before but now it is actually part of the network. My husband can print remotely from his computer in another room but I cannot scan. This is frustrating since i do a lot of scanning and printing of photos for genealogy.  HP 8600 Pro Wireless setup Oh, I have removed it and reinstalled four times to no avail too. There have not been any new programs installed on my computer but I did reinstall my husband's programs because his pc crashed and had another main harddrive installed which means I am installing his software all over again. Thanks.

Spend a little time with Jesus 'cuz he spends a lot of time with you. So
can you not tarry an hour? Start in baby steps.......ten minutes can grow
to an hour. In the garden Christ asked could you not tarry an hour?
Carolyn Bigler Hebert - 04/26/2016
HP Recommended
I tried this to no avail. I've uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. My printer was scanning until I added it to the network. What went wrong? My husband can print remotely but this darn printer will no longer scan.
Spend a little time with Jesus 'cuz he spends a lot of time with you. So
can you not tarry an hour? Start in baby steps.......ten minutes can grow
to an hour. In the garden Christ asked could you not tarry an hour?
Carolyn Bigler Hebert - 04/26/2016
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.