03-07-2012 07:50 AM
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium
Just bought this and have 2 questions.
1. My Windows XP machine doesn't have wifi but is ethernet connected to the internet. I used the USB set up, but was wondering if there was a way to set up the printer to my network through its wifi and have my XP connect through the ethernet to the printer. Want to enable e printing etc.
2. My daughter has wifi (iMac running Snow Leopard).
A, I used the iMac built in programs and set up her computer to connect wifi to the HP. Should I have used the disks enclosed with the HP or is this okay? It does print but not sure this is the best, because.
B. I notice it can take a long time for the HP to wake up from sleep when printing from this computer. Is that normal?
03-08-2012 08:48 AM
Please try the following article it should help with setting up the network connection.
The above includes multiple operating system options. As for the mac you can also find the latest HP drivers for the 8600 from the following page.
When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation