Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP P1102w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have checked every post I can find, and tried all the suggestions, but my HP P1102w printer still prints addresses in the wrong place on envelopes. To try to fix this for #10 envelopes, using Windows 10 and Word 2016 I have tried:

- Layout tab, Size: selected Envelope#10 

- Print, Settings: selected Envelope #10

- Print, Printer Properties, Paper/Quality, Paper Options, Size is: Envelope #10

- Print Layout view shows the correct paper size and margins.

In Win 10, Settings, Devices, HP LaserJet Professional P1102w, Manage, Printer preferences, Paper Options, Size is: Envelope #10

In the Registry, in System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Print/Printers/HP LaserJet Professional P 1102w/DsDriver/printMediaSupported,  #10 Envelope is listed. (printMediaReady is set to Letter)

I have run HPPSdr.exe and the printer checks out as OK.

No matter what I do, the address prints too far to the left on the envelope (the return address is off the envelope). (If the envelope was 11.5 inches wide, the position of the address would be correct.)

This is driving me nuts! If anyone can suggest a way to get envelopes to print correctly with this printer, please let me know. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@RichardAS,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to print the address properly on US 10 envelopes from your HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer.

This issue could occur if the driver settings are not correct.

Let's go through a few steps to resolve this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: http://hp.care/2lPXFrH

If the issue persists, then you may update the firmware from the link: Firmware Update Utility

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestions.

I updated the printer firmware as recommended, but this did not solve the problem. With the paper size set to "Envelope #10 - 4.12" x 9.5" the printer treats the envelope as 4.12" x 11", and prints the return and to address in the wrong place. 

If I make a test envelope 4.12" x 11" the address print correctly relative to the left edge of the envelope.

Richard

HP Recommended

Hi! @RichardAS, I am the MrRobot. It looks like you were interacting with @Rainbow23, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Kudos to you for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Please try the steps recommended below.

Select your Microsoft Word version, and then navigate to Envelope Options.
In the Envelope size box, click the size of your envelope. If your envelope size is not listed, scroll to the bottom of the list, click Custom size, and then type the Height and Width of your envelope.
Click the Printing Options tab.
Click the Feed method icon that shows the envelope centered above the arrow.
Figure: Center-feed icon
Image: Center-feed icon.
Select the Face-up or Face down option, based on how you loaded the envelope.
Click OK.
Type the recipient's address in the Delivery address box, and then click Print.
Check the printed envelope.
If the envelope was printed correctly, you do not need to make any other adjustments.
If the envelope was printed incorrectly, make additional adjustments in the Printing Options tab located in the Envelope Options dialog box.

Refer this article to know more information about printing on envelopes.

Let me know if this works!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.