Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP P3015dn
Linux

I have 3 HP P3015 printers with the same problem. Each will feed and print continously from tray 1 but, when feeding from tray 2 the printer will start making a sound similar to a gear slipping, the print speed will slow and eventually report a jam in paper tray 2 or in the paper path.  There is nothing in the paper page and when the toner cover is closed the printer will print a few more pages before failing with the same reason.  Can someone tell me how to fix this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

How long has it been since you replaced the tray 2 feed rollers or given them a good cleaning? Over time these rollers will get a smooth powder coating on them and also wear smooth. You can take the tray out of the printer to clean them, if the problem goes away, they will probably need to be replaced soon. The ends of these rollers will also start to flare out or crack over time, causing them to slip on the shaft that drives them.

Not terribly difficult to replace them. Part# RM1-6323 for the tray 2 roller, and RM1-6303 for the separation pad in the tray.

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

How long has it been since you replaced the tray 2 feed rollers or given them a good cleaning? Over time these rollers will get a smooth powder coating on them and also wear smooth. You can take the tray out of the printer to clean them, if the problem goes away, they will probably need to be replaced soon. The ends of these rollers will also start to flare out or crack over time, causing them to slip on the shaft that drives them.

Not terribly difficult to replace them. Part# RM1-6323 for the tray 2 roller, and RM1-6303 for the separation pad in the tray.

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
HP Recommended

Poster above is 100% correct. Only thing you need to replace is the pickup roller. Separation pads on this model seldom need replacement. Until you get the replacement rollers you can clean the current rollers with warm soapy water and dry.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.