09-26-2009 10:39 AM
my HP motherboard went and my boss gave me a free dell computer - we can't get the printer to install and be recognized - do I need a special adapter?
What is your operating system? Generally the all-in-one devices need to have the drivers installed before you connect the printer. If you do not have the driver CD or if you are running Vista then select your printer form the list here, then select the proper operating system and download the drivers. Run the setup program and do not connect the printer to the computers until instructed to by the install program.
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation