Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm wondering if HP didn't change the new cartridges so that they won't work so that you have to buy a new printer?  A printer that sits on a desk without any wear and tear that is only two years old should not need replaced already it should have lasted longer than that, but really I have no choice but to buy another HP printer unless I want to loose the 100.00 that I spent on  new ink cartridges.

HP Recommended

Totally frustrated, just took the printer apart, experiencing all of the noted difficulties including one screw that wouldn't come out and still no black ink.  I have just replaced the black ink twice and even tried replacing half filled colored cartridges to no avail.  I have always purchased HP, but may very well be done with this company.  What a waste of $.

HP Recommended

I have specualted the same things... it just doens't make sence that after replacing both the ink cartrige and the printhead assembly that it wouldn't work.  Unless there is a bad batch of ink out there that plugs up everything

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for clear instructions.  Took less than 5 minutes to take apart and fixed the issues perfectly

HP Recommended

HP Ink Cartridge 364 are the worst ever made.

HP Photosmart 5510 / 5515 are the worst ever made printer..  (unless you'll only need it for half a year.. you may be lucky that it works that long.)

To my knowledge everyone with this model , get's major problem with the printhead and toner (Even if you use original toner and HP paper every time..)

It's a crap model and bad toner.

It's less expensive to buy a new printer ( another brand and printer model.) = More value and less expensive toner.

Im changing brand for sure.

HP Recommended
Just felt the need to post a response to this thread as I have looked everywhere for the answer without success, until now. The one thing that eluded me was getting the print head sensor into position. The thin strip of metal running at the back of the print head needed to be threaded through the small horizontal gap so that the head can align when the printer is turned back on.

Huge thanks to this thread and the time you have put in to help guys like us!
HP Recommended

JayW, your instructions worked like a charm.  I hadn't spent what you had on cartridges, but, nonetheless, wasn't going to simply give up.  My gut said there had to be a way to remove and clean the print heads.  Not one of your steps was unclear.  You did well...and my printer's like new.  Many, many thanks.  Folks, be patient..follow his steps, and you'll be happy.

HP Recommended

Does this procedure work on the 5520?

Thanks

HP Recommended

I am going to give this printhead removal a go. Got the lid opened and unhooked...but don't have a hex/torx driver tiny enough. Can someone please tell me where i fill find a tiny screwdriver with that bit? Many thanks

HP Recommended

Which type of screw driver and head do you use?  Don't seem to have the small size or shape in house.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.