Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I am using office max generic cartriges. I eneded up resetting everything to facrory settings and its printing fine now. weird thing is the ink level graphic still shows that its empty.

HP Recommended
Hello chrisreyno

Glad to hear you can print now.

The printer cartridge may be partially defective. HP lists on their Checking Ink Levels article that: "If you have installed a refilled or remanufactured print cartridge, or a cartridge that has been used in another printer, the ink level indicator will be inaccurate or unavailable.".
Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

purchased refills now getting cartridge problems printer won't print

HP Recommended

Hi 62sal and welcome to the HP Forum,

I see that you have purchased refilled ink cartridges and are now getting a cartridge error message. Although HP does not support using refilled ink cartridges, I will try my best to help you resolve this issue. If you click the link in 'Ciara_B post it will bring up the document for 'Cartridge Problem,' error message. Follow the steps in this document and they may resolve your issue.

If the issue remains then you may have to purchase Genuine HP Ink Cartridges to resolve this issue.

I hope this information helps, let me know how it goes.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I am reading this as I have the SAME issues with another Useless HP product.

I notice that you really don't solve any of these issues you basically keep repeating the same broken record: "have you read this article and have you done this & that".  

Reading this reminds me of trying to get support from Amazon....you get some clueless guy in India who doesn't seem to understand half of what you are asking and basically repeats the same things over and over without solving anything.

Basically a WASTE of time.

This is like Windows Help site, USELESS.

I wish companies actually make better products instead of paying their CEO seveal millions dollar bonuses every year.  Bonus for what?  Making **bleep**ty disposable junk ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.