05-20-2011 11:13 AM
My mother has a HP Photosmart Premium series - C309 printer and has only printed emails containing regular black text. She has used a LOT of color ink printing these emails and almost no black ink. Is there a setting she is missing that is using composite black instead of real black thereby using yellow, magenta, and cyan to mix to simulate black?
11-14-2011 12:49 PM
I have the same problem with my printer; however, I have found that you can set the defualt to "fast draft" in the printer settings. This setting will use a LOT less ink and print the page in a second.
11-14-2011 04:03 PM
This printer will pull a little bit of color, even when printing just black. The way the printhead is arranged, it has to use some color in order to keep the printhead from burning up. As mentioned in the previous post, you can set the quality to fast draft to use less ink, but I don't believe you can set it to use black only. Welcome to the world of home printing. The whole system is designed to keep you buying cartridges just as often as possible.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation