10-22-2010 10:50 AM
I recently purchased an HP Laserjet M2727 nf Multi-Purpose laser printer. It has performed beautifully on 6 networked computers .... UNTIL NOW.
I just installed and networked it to a brand new Dell XPS 8100 With 64-bit Windows 7. Now, every time I start the new Dell system, the HP ToolboxFX crashes (HP Toolbox FX has encountered an error and can't recover). I read every article I could find, including this page:
I made sure I installed the 64-bit version of the drivers. It prints fine. It just won't do the connection using the Toolbox. I probably spent 5 hours researching this and trying everything I could find. Finally, I just used "MSCONFIG" and removed the toolbox from the startup so I don't get the annoying crash message.
What is really odd is that it installed on a different Win7 64-bit computer just fine, and it works on that one.
I'm printing fine but can't fax to my PC since that is a function of the toolbox.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation