01-11-2013 02:11 PM - last edited on 01-11-2013 04:51 PM by MC_Remington
I have a HP laserjet 2100 printer. It is connected to my network. The printer works great using XP or Vista operating systems computers. I just purchased two new HP computers with windows 8 - 64 bit operating system. I can not find the drivers for this printer on your website. All I can find is HP Printer Administrator Resource Kit when I search for windows 8 - 64 bit operating system. Are there drivers that I can use?
01-11-2013 06:08 PM
There are many HP Laserjet printers where the drivers are either included in Windows or available through Window's update. Rather than try and download drivers directly from Microsoft just try and install the printer through "Devices and printers" in the control panel i.e. open the control panel, open Devices and Printers, click "Add a printer", select "Add a network, wireless or blutooth printer". If your printer is discoverable on the network Windows should find it and allow you to install it with drivers that are included in Windows.
I myself have a Laserjet 2100TN and I used this method with Windows 7 without any problems, I haven't had that much hands on with Windows 8 just yet but I believe that the procedure hasn;t changed much between versions.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation