Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
laserjet 9000dn
Microsoft Windows XP

We have an hp laserjet 9000dn using a network connection. At times when printing a job that is over 1000 pages the printer will display "Data Received" but will stop printing. I have to power off the printer and cancel the job from windows. When I restart the job it runs. I have 2 computers to 2 printers. I tried swapping parts - Network card, Memory and formatter board - each indivivually and once all 3. The problem stayed with the printer. I even sent the print jobs from the other computers and problem stayed with the printer. I updated the firmware with no change.

Is there anything in the printer that can cause the printer to just stop printing without getting an error?

Thanks for any help you can provide, Ron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Since the formatter is what processes the job the only thing I can think of is a network issue and not a printer issue. Why not swap the whole printers physically so the printer that is having issues is plugged into the network connection of the printer that does not have an issue. Could be a cabling, switch or other network issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Since the formatter is what processes the job the only thing I can think of is a network issue and not a printer issue. Why not swap the whole printers physically so the printer that is having issues is plugged into the network connection of the printer that does not have an issue. Could be a cabling, switch or other network issue.

HP Recommended
There is a slim chance that DC controller is causing the issue but it's pretty slim.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

I will test swapping the network cable on our next big run. We normally only do one big run a month so it may be a while before I get a confident - "fixed" answer but I  will try to post back if I once I  am sure the problem has quit.

Thanks for all that helped.

HP Recommended

The printer were close enough to swap the network cables. After swapping we did 2 runs without any errors. A little strange the problem didn't move but just went away. It could be a bad network cable that when curved just right has a bad connection. At this point problem is gone. If it comes back agian on same cable I will changine cable out if it comes back on same printer I will try changing the DC controller.

Thanks for all that helped, Ron

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.