Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Photosmart 2710 connected wirelessly to Dell Inspiron 1721 laptop running Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2.  Was getting the Ink level low message so  swapped it with a used one from another device of mine (99 photo cartridge).  removed the old cartridge and inserted the new one.  The unit recognized that the cartridge was a used one at first and then The all-in-one cycled through the self diagnostics and gave the message to Install print cartridges (as though there were not ANY cartridges).  I powered the unit down, unplugged it, plugged it back in and turned it back on.  NOW i get the error "remove and check cartridge on right".  NOTE  the security gate that  lowers to enable print cartridges to be replaced only goes down about 1/2 of the time after the unit is powered off and back on but the error message keeps coming back on to the exact same one.  I purchased a  new cartridge and installed it just to make sure and I still get the same error"remove and check cartridge on right".  I have checked to make sure that the (99 photo - C9369) is compatible.  I understand that the gate should be in the up position when the printer is powered on and ready for use.  When it is in the UP position, the print cartridge cannot be removed.  Doing so would break something.  Also when the unit is powered on and the self diagnostics run the ink carriage will do the normal run to the left and the little carriage gate (for a lack of a better term) does retract while the print cartridge carriage is moving and goes back into the up position as the carriage returns to the sitting position on the right side.  Most of the time it does not Lower  when the error message to replace the cartridge comes on.  Any ideas? 

I even uninstalled all the software and just tried to plug the HP 2710 all-in-one into an outlet as a stand alone but it made no difference.  I'm grasping at straws now.  Thank you for any suggestions or help that you can provide.  Please do not hesitate to ask any questions that may help you help me. 

Brightest Blessings

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi SoulM8TriX,

Follow the steps in the document below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00244394

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hi,

thanks for the link.   I tried to do a partial reset by unplugging the unit and then pressing the cancel button and the left arrow button while plugging the printer back in and now the power on light blinks and the "loading" icon on the screen just appears to be locked in the loading phase. 

I had already followed the instructions for cleaning both the print cartridge and the contacts of the unit itself.  I'm still at a loss.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks again for your help.

HP Recommended

Hi SoulM8Trix,

Check the private message I sent, and let me know if this helps resolve the issue?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Thank You

I was searching and searching for that procedure.  Its in the process of resetting  a little white box appeared and it says (semi full reset) but it seems to be taking quite a while to work.  I am not touching it and will give it all the time it needs.  How long does this typically take though?

Hi SoulM8TriX,

Give it a couple more minutes, and then power cycle the printer. Let me know what happens?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

My HP photosmart 2610 xi  has stopped printing. I keep getting "remove and check cartlidge on right" signal and I can't get it stop.

I removed the cartlidge many times. I also changed to a new cartldge. Turning off and on doesn't work either.

Help.

HP Recommended

Hi jthomasclothing,

Are you using new OEM or remanufactured cartridges?

Follow the steps in the document below

'Incorrect Cartridge', 'Incompatible Cartridge', or other Cartridge Problem Message Displays

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with my Photosmart 2610xi. I've taken out and cleaned my OEM cartridge many times and still get the 'remove and check cartridge on right' message.  I've been to the link you provided and still get the same message. Also, my cartridge is fairly new too!

Please help me!

Cheryl

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with my Photosmart 2610xi. I've taken out and cleaned my OEM cartridge many times and still get the 'remove and check cartridge on right' message.  I've been to the link you provided and still get the same message. Also, my cartridge is fairly new too!

Please help me!

Cheryl

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.