Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Lazerjet M1214
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Dear Sir/Madam:

Kindly I lost my printer password and cant send or receive any fax.. etc.

I tried to reset it to factory setting  but I coudnt because of password .

so would you please let me know how can I reset password or is there any software or web to do that for me

Thanks

Homayoon.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey there! @homay7, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have lost password for your printer and due to which you are unable to send or receive the faxes.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Is your printer asking for EWS password or Fax password?

Please try the steps mentioned below to perform a factory reset on your printer.

1. On the product control panel, press the Setup button.
2. Use the arrows buttons to select the Service menu, and then press the OK button.
3. Use the arrows buttons to select the Restore Defaults option, and then press the OK button.
The product automatically restarts.

If you have issues even after trying out the steps, please perform a super NVRAM reset on your printer and check if it helps.

Since the steps to perform NVRAM reset is confidential I will send you the steps in a private message, please watch your inbox for more information.

I'll watch your reply!

Happy Weekend! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @homay7, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have lost password for your printer and due to which you are unable to send or receive the faxes.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Is your printer asking for EWS password or Fax password?

Please try the steps mentioned below to perform a factory reset on your printer.

1. On the product control panel, press the Setup button.
2. Use the arrows buttons to select the Service menu, and then press the OK button.
3. Use the arrows buttons to select the Restore Defaults option, and then press the OK button.
The product automatically restarts.

If you have issues even after trying out the steps, please perform a super NVRAM reset on your printer and check if it helps.

Since the steps to perform NVRAM reset is confidential I will send you the steps in a private message, please watch your inbox for more information.

I'll watch your reply!

Happy Weekend! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.