Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet CP1025nw
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

A window keeps popping up and it's from this Folder.  (C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v.2.0.50727\InstallUtil.exe) I can't get rid of it.  My system will not allow me to uninstall SupportSolutionsFramework.  It says it is needed by other software. It is trying to do something with SupportSolutionsFramework.  It goes by so fast that I can only read parts of it.   Any ideas as to how to deal with this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Cookoo2u2,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I see you are getting this pop up on your Windows Computer '(C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v.2.0.50727\InstallUtil.exe'. You are using an HP Laserjet CP1025nw. 

I would like you to perform the following steps listed below:

Please try Disabling your firewall and perform a clean boot. Now follow the steps below:

1. Unplug the USB if using a direct connection.

2. Remove the HP LJ C1025 software from your computers Control Panel's Uninstall a program option.

3. Restart the computer.

4. Make sure all the LJ C1025 software is gone from the programs list as well as your HP folder listed under the All programs in your Start Menu.

5. Now go ahead and download the software and drivers for your LJ C1025 (DO NOT plug in USB until the software prompts you to):

Full Feature Software and Driver

6. Go ahead and print a test page.

7. If you are unable to print a test page, please run the HP Print and Scan Doctor > www.hp.com/go/tools-- It was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem-solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.

I would also like you to make sure your have the most current version of the .Net Framework package. See here: Update for .NET Framework 4.5 for Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1,...

What are the results?

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs up" to give me a "Kudos".

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Cookoo2u2,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I see you are getting this pop up on your Windows Computer '(C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v.2.0.50727\InstallUtil.exe'. You are using an HP Laserjet CP1025nw. 

I would like you to perform the following steps listed below:

Please try Disabling your firewall and perform a clean boot. Now follow the steps below:

1. Unplug the USB if using a direct connection.

2. Remove the HP LJ C1025 software from your computers Control Panel's Uninstall a program option.

3. Restart the computer.

4. Make sure all the LJ C1025 software is gone from the programs list as well as your HP folder listed under the All programs in your Start Menu.

5. Now go ahead and download the software and drivers for your LJ C1025 (DO NOT plug in USB until the software prompts you to):

Full Feature Software and Driver

6. Go ahead and print a test page.

7. If you are unable to print a test page, please run the HP Print and Scan Doctor > www.hp.com/go/tools-- It was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem-solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.

I would also like you to make sure your have the most current version of the .Net Framework package. See here: Update for .NET Framework 4.5 for Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1,...

What are the results?

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs up" to give me a "Kudos".

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I did just as the instructions asked.  All I have to do now is to monitor my system to see if that install window pops up.....

HP Recommended

It's been a couple hours now and that install window hasn't popped up.  So, I'm assuming that this worked.  Thank you very much for your help in this matter.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.