Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Using:

Windows 10 (64 bit...I think, could be 32 bit too)

Arris 1672 cable modem/router; hooked up to port 3 (but the light isn't blinking like it is for ports 1 and 2)

ASUS Personal CellSpot router (it's from T-Mobile)

Setup:

Cable Router/Modem

Desktop computer is connected to the cable router/modem (port 2)

WiFi router is connected to the cable router/modem (port 1)

Printer is conneceted to the cable router/modem (port 3 and USB port, and phone port 2)

Lights On on the Router/Modem:

Power

USDS

2.4 GHz

5 GHz

Tel 1

Lights OFF on the Router/Modem:

Tel 2

Battery

MoCA (?, not sure about this label)

WiFi Router

Connected to cable router/modem (Intenet port)

No other ports in use

USB not in use

Lights On on the WiFi Router:

Power

2.4 GHz

5 GHz

The sater(ish) globe (or the Internet port)

Lights OFF on the WiFi Router:

USB 2.0

USB 3.0

Ports 1 through 4

Printer is plugged in and works (it scans at the minimum)

Printer Network Status:

Active connection type: None

URL for Embedded Web Server: http://0.0.0.0

Firmware Version: CLP1CN1516AR

Hostname: dhcppc20

Serial Number: CN322B3G1605KF

802.3 Wired, Hardwire Address (MAC): 88:51:fb:13:89:e5

802.3 Wired, Link Configuration: None

802.11 Wireless:

Hardware Address (MAC): 88:51:fb:1d:9c:4f

Communication Mode: Infrastructure

Network Name (SSID): belkin.28a (this is a previous network and isn't the one it'd use now)

Wireless Direct: Settings/status available on request.

Port 9100: Status - Enabled

LPD Status: Enabled

Bonjour Status: Enabled

Bonjour Service Name: Officejet Pro 8600 [1389E5]

SLP Status: Enabled

Microsoft Web Services:

WS Discovery Status: Enabled

WS Print Status: Enabled

SNMP:

Version: v1

Set Community Name: Not Specified

Get Community Name: Not Specified

IPP Status: Enabled

Desktop Computer (from the about page):

Windows 10 Home

Version 1511

OS Build 10586.753

Processor: AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics at 2.00GHz

Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.44 GB usable)

System Type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor

Pen and Touch: Touch support with 5 touch points

So....how do I set up my printer to be a network printer/scanner/fax using either of my routers? I'd rather not run it through the desktop computer because it isn't alway on, the routers are. I'd also like to scan to network storage vice a USB jumpdrive or SD card.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello, @Aberdeen308 – Greetings!

Thanks for accessing the HP Support Forums for extra support! I will do my best to assist you with this issue 🙂

I understand that you are trying to setup the printer on a wired network. First off, great job on explaining the issue so clearly! This makes our life easier. Good job 🙂

Now, coming to the issue, I guess you would like to connect the printer using the Ethernet cable to the network. If that is the case I would advise you to simply connect an Ethernet cable from the printer to router Ethernet port. That should get the printer connected to the network.

If you wish to connect the printer to the network using the Wireless network it is pretty easy to do that as well. Follow the steps below:

1. On the printer control panel, touch the Right Arrow  to display the second navigation screen.

2. Touch the Setup icon (Wrench icon / gear icon).

3. Touch Network, touch Wireless Setup Wizard, then touch Continue.

4. Touch the name of your network in the list of available networks, then touch OK.

5. If the list does not contain your network name, touch Enter New Network Name, then follow the on-screen instructions to enter your network name.

6. If prompted, type the WEP or WPA key (network password).

7. Check http://hp.care/2dVsxER for detailed steps.

Once the printer is connected to the network either via Ethernet or Wireless, then it is important to install the printer software drivers. Go to http://hp.care/2ci1Uvc to download and install the drivers.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Have a great day 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.