Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Please, I need your support.

Regards,

Jenny

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Jenny, 

With the Laserjet M1212nf connected via Network, you can use the AirPrint feature to add the printer and print from OSX 10.8. The following document should be helpful:  Installing the Printer on a Mac Running OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (Network Connections Only) An HP driver should be released with the next HP Printer Driver Update via Apple Software Update. 

As a workaround, if the device is not in a Network, you may also try installing the HP Software Package 6.0 which is for Mac OS 10.4, 10.5, 10.6 and 10.7: HP LaserJet Full Feature Software and Driver

If you install this package in OSX 10.8 you will get an error message. However, you can workaround this error if you right-click (or Control-click) the HP Installer and then choose Open. You will get a message if you really want to install - click Yes. The installation should now work fine.

I hope this is helpful information.  

Best regards,
Mandy

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Thumb up in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own
HP Recommended

Hi Mandy,

I have the same Printer, Mac and OS that the other user had and am receiveng the error "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer." whenever i connect the the printer to my MacBook Air. I've downloaded the latest drivers and have had no luck.

I really need your help...thanks!

Anik

HP Recommended

Hi Anik, 

it seems that the Mac does only recognize the volume for the Smart Install which is available on the device Firmware for Windows installation. 

You can disable the Smart Install from a Windows PC using the HP Smart Install Utility on the software CD: 

You can use the HP Smart Install utility to disable/enable HP Smart Install. The utility is
stored on the software CD, in the UTIL folder. SIUtility.exe is for 32-bit operating systems and
SIUtility64.exe is for 64-bit operating systems.

See step 25 of the HP Smart Install FAQ PDF

Best regards,
Mandy

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Thumb up in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.