Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

When going through the startup process on the printer I selected the wrong time (one hour out).

Presumably this is used in time stamping faxes etc.

How do I change this? I've tried the settings on the LCD panel and didn't find it there?

Also I looked through the Embeded Web Server and couldn't find it there either.

Am I missing something here?

Also does anyone know if this automatically  changes for British  summer time & GMT?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Radar59,

Please let me take a moment to say "Welcome" to the HP Forums.

I hope you enjoy your experience!

I see that you are looking to change the time on the printer display.

I am more than happy to assist you with this task. 

To change the date and the time, simply press the Time on the top of the  printer display screen and it will then give you the option to change the time and date.

This is the easies way to make the changes.

Please feel free to write me back if you have any other questions or concerns.

I hope you have a Great Tuesday.

Cheers,     :OpenSmile:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Radar59,

Please let me take a moment to say "Welcome" to the HP Forums.

I hope you enjoy your experience!

I see that you are looking to change the time on the printer display.

I am more than happy to assist you with this task. 

To change the date and the time, simply press the Time on the top of the  printer display screen and it will then give you the option to change the time and date.

This is the easies way to make the changes.

Please feel free to write me back if you have any other questions or concerns.

I hope you have a Great Tuesday.

Cheers,     :OpenSmile:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

That worked.

Many thanks:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

I did the same thing. Thanks for the help. Such a simple fix once you know how!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information, my complaint is that it should be in the online product help. I searched in all the categories and it wasn't listed. HP needs to do a better job with their on product help

HP Recommended

Thank you!  I looked through every menu!  Never thought of simply cllicking the time bar...

HP Recommended

Thanks for indicating the simple procedure for changing time and date on the 8620 e printer (Pressing Date at top of window on printer).

Wonder why this information was no where to be found in the help screens!

HP Recommended

How do you change the date on an HP OfficeJet 4650

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.