Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I want to get the printer back to the original "in the box" state, as I am having issues with it connecting to the internet and more.  I would like to start from scratch.  I want it to forget anything it knows and clear out the memory, etc.

Thanks

If it matters, I am using Mac OS X 10.8.2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

This is extracted from its manual:

Resetting the printer to its factory default settings will clear all the settings from the printer's memory for your network. This should only be done as a last resort when troubleshooting the printer.
Also, resetting the printer to its factory default settings erases the embedded Web server (EWS) administrator password.
Resetting the printer to its factory default settings may require you to reinstall the printer software. Additionally, you will also have to reconfigure the printer's security settings.
Follow these steps to reset the printer to the factory default settings:
1. Verify that the printer is powered on.
2. Press and hold down the Report Page button.
3. While holding down the Report Page button, press the Cancel button three times.
4. Release the Report Page button.

Hope this helps and Merry Christmas.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

This is extracted from its manual:

Resetting the printer to its factory default settings will clear all the settings from the printer's memory for your network. This should only be done as a last resort when troubleshooting the printer.
Also, resetting the printer to its factory default settings erases the embedded Web server (EWS) administrator password.
Resetting the printer to its factory default settings may require you to reinstall the printer software. Additionally, you will also have to reconfigure the printer's security settings.
Follow these steps to reset the printer to the factory default settings:
1. Verify that the printer is powered on.
2. Press and hold down the Report Page button.
3. While holding down the Report Page button, press the Cancel button three times.
4. Release the Report Page button.

Hope this helps and Merry Christmas.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

That worked great.  Any idea how to correct ePrintCenter?  The reinstall generated a new printer code and I set it up with it.  It works great, but I would like to use the custom email address I already created before.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi,

Unfortunately not. I believe due to security reasons, any existing ePrint address cannot be re-assigned for 6 months.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended
I have a Hp officejet 6600..i bought it used..and when i turn it on..it says please insert ink cartridges that came in box...so i went and bought new ones and it still says the same..it doesnt let me do anything else
HP Recommended

I'm trying to reset the 6600 all-in-one.  Where do I find the Report Page button on a digital screen?  The model according to the printer status report is H711g.  

HP Recommended

Wher do I find the report page button on a digital screen for resetting the ink levels on an HP 6600 printer

HP Recommended

Hey @tntfox& @Istrewood,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are both looking for the 'report page' button on your HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One Printer to reset the product settings. Unfortunately there is no 'report page' button on this model of printer. Rather, in order to reset your product back to factory defaults please follow the steps below.

Untitled.png

1. Select the white right arrow (circled above in red) on the touch screen until you see the Setup option (also circled in red above)
  2. Touch on the Setup option to access the Setup menu
  3. Under the Setup menu tap the right arrow until you see Tools
  4. Touch Tools to access that menu
  5. Under the Tools menu right arrow until you see 'Restore Factory Defaults' and touch on it to prompt the restore to occur.

Any additional information you may want for your product can be found in: Officejet 6600 User Guide

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Best of luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.