Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Hi @jk38,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

The following resource will help you to find and install the FULL feature software :

http://123.hp.com/us/en/

Key in your printer model, Operating System and download & install the FULL feature software.

Hope that helps1

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Hi Green Turtle,

Hoping you can help!  I have a HP photosmart 6510.  I have never been ablet to get the scanner to connect to my laptop to print directly from the scanner, so have used the scanner software and controlled it all from the computer. But since updating to windows 10 I can't locate the software.  I click on the shortcut and just get an error message that the printer was not found.

Just downloaded the full set of software and restarted the computer.  But I have no printer icon on mydesktop - how do I get to the HP printer assistant?

HP Recommended

Hi @delanaloo,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you check this example?

It shows how to create a shortcut for Win 10, hope that it's applicable to your case :

Create a scan shortcut and high resolution scans  (HP Officejet Pro 8700 AiO series and 6900 series)

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

@rahderah wrote:

Hi. Since I upgraded (involuntarily) to windows 10 I have had problems with my printer connection.

I have upgraded all drivers and utilities. I have used scan and print doctor loads! I am spending a silly amount of time  in effort trying to get back to being able to scan directly from the printer to my HP pavilion 15 notebook at the press of a button.

The message I am getting is that I must make sure that the printer software is installed on my computer (it is) and that 'scan to computer' is enabled via the software. I am not sure how to do this.

As I have said- I have run diagnostics, doctors, uninstalled, re-installed, blah blah blah!!

I wish that I had never allowed windows 10 on my PC! because of my work and studies I use the scan facility alot....whilst not a major issue...it is REALLY blooming annoying that I have to go through the HP programme and steps of scan, as a Pdf etc etc ....boring...

PLEASE help a damsel in distress!! thanking you in avance.

I have the same problem

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.