04-30-2014 04:31 PM
Before Windows 8, it was easier to get to the Scanning option.
Now it takes multiple steps, whether through the Tiles or through the traditional Windows Desktop screen. I have to think that there's a better way.
Would appreciate any recommendations.
05-02-2014 07:04 PM - edited 05-02-2014 07:05 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums!
I understand you no longer have the Officejet 8600 printer icon on your Desktop. I am going to provide some steps to get this back onto your computer:
1) Press Windows Key and C together on your keyboard
2) Click on the search bar and type in Devices and Printers
3) Drag the Officejet 8600 printer icon onto your Desktop
4) On your Desktop, double click on this icon and it should go into the Printer Assistant
If this step doesn't work, then you will have to uinstall this HP software. I will provide a HP document on performing this step here.
Next, I would like you to perform a clean boot on your computer by following this Microsoft document here. Now, you can install the full feature software using the Printer Install Wizard to find the appropriate software.
Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you. Have a great night!
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation