06-27-2011 12:44 PM
I'm running Windows XP SP3 under an administrator account. I'm trying to install the new HP Update software (hpusetup.exe, I believe), I continually get the same error--# 1316, "A network error occurred while trying to read in the file C:\Windows\Installer\HPUpdate.msi." What does this mean? (I don't even have a network--just one computer.) How do I get around it?
06-27-2011 07:38 PM
Additional info: I searched for "error 1316" on Metacrawler, and got directed eventually to a Microsoft help article that suggested a variety of steps, like applying a fotfix to update my installer,, restarting from a clean boot, and reregistering mu installer; nothing helped--I'm still getting the same error. How do I work around it?
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation