Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Subject says it all.  I believe the printer downloaded a patch and now when I try to: print alignment page, clean cartridge, print a document the printer gets stuck on the status bar but nothing ever happens.  When I try to cancel the print job it still hangs.

I want to try and restore the factory settings but I don't see that in the manual anywhere.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try Solution Four on the following link.

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSe...

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Let me add that I want to do this even though the system freezes on boot up.  I can't get to the menu to restore defaults.

HP Recommended

I have the CD and installed, but I lost all the info on my computer.  I followed instructions on how to install with current CD and it does not downlod - I have HP D110

HP Recommended

Hi janicke

I understand you are unable to install the printer.

I can help you with this.

I have provided documents to  temporary disable all start up items to see if one of them is causing any issues. Computer reboot is required.

Win XP. Win 7. Win 8.

Temporarily turn off any Antivirus Software.

Then run the installation.

I have included a URL to download, save and then run the installation for the printer. Select the operating system and click next.

You will have to go back in and enable all when done. Turn the Antivirus Software back on.

If you require further assistance please provide the following information so I can
assist you better.

What operating system are you using?
Here is a document to check your operating system for Windows or Mac.

How is the printer connected? (USB/Ethernet/Wireless)

If you still aren't able to install the software then let me know what happens? (error message, install hangs)

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I've tried all the fixes but my DMP 110 still will give me an invalid pascode for my router.

Anything new for me to try?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.