Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp LasetJet 1010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, after upgrading to Windows 10 our printer didn't work due to some reason. When I tried to enter it again manually in various ways hp LaserJet 1010 is not on any list of selected printers to choose from. What shall I do as the printer, even a bit old, works perfectly well for our needs privately?

Appreciate a solution on this matter.

Rgds,
Canaryman

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi Canaryman,

Windows 10 doesn't support that kind of out-of-date printer, take a read yourself:

Spoiler
HP LaserJet - Printers not supported in Windows

Printers not supported

The following HP LaserJet printers are not supported and do not have any driver options available in the Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7 operating systems:

• HP LaserJet Plus Printer

• HP LaserJet IId Printer

• HP LaserJet IIId and IIIsi Printers

NOTE: The HP LaserJet III and IIIp ARE supported. Use Windows Update to obtain the driver.
  • HP LaserJet 4LC and 4LJ Printers

• HP LaserJet 5L Xtra Printer

• HP LaserJet 5se Printer

• HP LaserJet 6L Pro Printer

• HP LaserJet 500 Plus Printer

• HP LaserJet 1000 Printer

• HP LaserJet 1005 Printer

• HP Color LaserJet 1500 Printer

• HP LaserJet 2000 Printer series

• HP LaserJet 3100 All-in-One Printer series

• HP LaserJet 3150 All-in-One Printer series

• HP Color LaserJet 3500 and 3550 Printer series (32-bit only)

NOTE: HP Color LaserJet 3500 and 3550 have a workaround available in Windows 64-bit via USB connection only. Install the Windows Vista solution to enable printing in Windows 10 or Windows 8.1/8 and Windows 7.

• HP Color LaserJet 3700 Printer series (USB connection only)

NOTE: The HP Color LaserJet 3700 IS supported in Windows using a network connection.

• HP Color LaserJet 8550 Multifunction Printer series

If your printer is listed above, you might be eligible for a trade-in allowance you can use toward the purchase of any new HP printer and more.

Yours faithfully,

Ryan

If my solution has worked, please like this post click Kudos! to show appreciation.

I am NOT a HP employee, just a volunteer.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/
HP Recommended

@Canaryman

Unfortunately, your nice printer is not on the list of printers for which full Windows 10 support is provided.  :Crying:

You might be able to get some basic printing functions from the printer.

The following is a "trail to the end"  for your printer >> look at each document or just jump to the last one.

Document:

Will my HP Printer work with Windows 10 ?

Check for printer > Calls:

HP Printers - HP Printers That Work with Windows 10

Check for printer > Calls:

HP LaserJet - Driver and software support for Windows 10

Check for printer > directed to use Windows Update >

HP LaserJet - Install the Windows driver for an HP printer on a network in Windows 10

Good Luck!

Edits >>

I have put out a request for a Driver that will work for your printer.  Check back later for any (good-news) results....

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi,

The HP Laserjet 1010 do supported on Windows 10, it is not part of the Laserjet 1000 series.. although no full software solution is offered, basic print drivers are available and those should allow standard print functionality.

The drivers for your printer can be obtained via Microsoft Update, follow these steps to ensure you use the latest drivers:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04745752#c03470332_DownloadNOW

If you expereince any issues, follow the Troubleshooting section below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04745752#AbT5

If you need any further help please let me know what exact behavior or sympthoms you experience while trying to set the printer.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended
Hi Shlomi, thanks for your answer, I am travelling the next days, but will try your solution this weekend.

I'll keep you posted.

Regards,
Thomas
HP Recommended

@ShlomiL

When I advised to try the Windows Update method, I was hoping to find that we did indeed have another option.

Thanks for the confirmation:  Driver is (only) available from Windows Updates.

@Canaryman

Because the complete Driver is no longer available, your printer may only provide some of its features.

Edits: Removed link to scan program options

@ShlomiL >> Thanks for the image of the printer and the added explanation that this is not a "scanner" device.  :smileyembarrassed:  Live and Learn!

Good Luck!

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi again Shlomi,

Sorry to say that after followed the steps and downloaded new driver, the printer hp Laserjet 1010 still doesn't show up in the manual routine to get the new driver installed.

So, little clueless what to do actually.

Any tips or help much appreciated.

Thanks!

/Thomas

HP Recommended

The Laserjet1010 printer  software  refused to install on  windows 10 pro, 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.