Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, All

I need some help. Cause of my ugly hands I install chineese language on my printer 🙂 How can i make the hard reset to reset the language settings? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Also you may want to try.

• Turn off the device. 
  • Press and hold the Copy+ Cancel (X) button, keep the quadrant depressed as you turn the product on.
  • When the ‘Permanent Storage Init.’ Message appears on the display, release the button.

Super NVRAM Initialize

• Turn off the device. 
  • Press and hold the Right+ Cancel (X) button, keep the quadrant depressed as you turn the product on.
  • When the ‘Permanent Storage Init.’ Message appears on the display, release the button.
Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi

Please find the service manual link given below might help you to fix your issue.

Link

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

unfortunetally there is only solution for restoring factory defaults. And nothing about how can make the hard reset 😞

HP Recommended
Solution one: Start a Power On/Off cycle
Follow these steps to start a Power On/Off cycle. Chose one of the methods depending on whether your product has a Power button or a Power switch.
Method one: Use the Power button
Press and quickly release the Power button to start a Power On/Off cycle. Do not hold down the button.
If you press and hold the Power button too long, the product might turn on and then off without restarting. If this happens, press and quickly release the Power button again.
Method two: Use the Power switch
  1. Press the Power switch to turn off the product.
  2. Press the Power switch to turn on the product.
  • If these steps resolved the issue, you do not need to continue troubleshooting.
  • If the issue persists, continue to the next solution.

Solution two: Check the electrical connections and outlet
  1. Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet, or the power strip or surge suppressor, and from the back of the product.
  2. Inspect the power cord for visible damage.
    If the power cord shows any damage, contact HP to replace the power cord.
  3. Wait at least 30 seconds, and then plug the disconnected power cord into an electrical outlet. Do not use a power strip or surge suppressor.
  4. Reconnect the power cord to the product.
  5. Turn on the product.
  6. If the product still does not turn on, connect the product to an electrical outlet in another room, and then turn on the product.

7. If the product turns on, the electrical outlet in the original room caused the issue.
  8. If the product still does not turn on, continue to the next solution.
Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

Also you may want to try.

• Turn off the device. 
  • Press and hold the Copy+ Cancel (X) button, keep the quadrant depressed as you turn the product on.

Super NVRAM Initialize

• Turn off the device. 
  • Press and hold the Right+ Cancel (X) button, keep the quadrant depressed as you turn the product on.
Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."

Regards
Manjunath
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.