Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How to reset Officejet Pro 8600 Plus / Premium to factory default?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks so much! For those who are still having problems resetting the printer, when you turn on the printer, the back button is NOT going to be lit up. Hit the area where the button would be, and everything will work exactly as instructed.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

My printer won't allow me to hit the back button or the curved arrow.

HP Recommended

Tried it but problem still persists.  Periodic blining lights on front panel and no connection from computer to printer.

HP Recommended

I have reset to factory default and still the printer goes offline with all panel lights flashing and the display flashing also.  Says to restart the printer which I do and then, after a random amount of time, the same thing happens.  Prior to it going offline agian with the flashing panel it works fine.

HP Recommended

I just purchased the printer and in the initial setup I accidently pushed a foreign language.  Never got to install ink or do anything else.  How do I get back to English.  I have no idea what is on the screen.

HP Recommended

Thanks so much! For those who are still having problems resetting the printer, when you turn on the printer, the back button is NOT going to be lit up. Hit the area where the button would be, and everything will work exactly as instructed.

HP Recommended

What do you mean under back button?? Where is that, please help me with your answer.

If you know a softwer or other options than I accept that too.

Thanks a lot

HP Recommended

Sounds like a plan

HP Recommended

I am trying to put new setup printer cartridges into my used hp pro 8600 plus.  I ran out of ink on this one and took the new setup cartridges from another unopened same model printer that I bought for backup and have not used or set it up yet.  I there a way to set it back to factory defaults so I can use the new setup cartridges instead of waiting until I can go out and buy regular replacement one?

HP Recommended

Hello bbabco,

I understand you are trying to put new setup cartridges in your used Officejet 8600.

I highly recommend not using the other setup cartridges for the used printer and use the setup cartridges with the new printer. When you initialize the new printer, you will need setup cartridges and the only way to get them is by calling HP's Technical Support.

However, to answer your question about setting the printer to factory defaults, this is possible by the front menu on the display.

Touch Settings - Tools - Restore Factory Defaults

I hope this helps you!

Take care:)

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.